We are almost at the end of 2021. Only this year alone have witnessed the most core updates by Google, and December product update is yet to rollout. In this current scenario, we must be ready to face the truth. The only constant is change as they say it; SEOs across the globe can relate this very well. Despite of the core updates, SEOs had to keep their sites up to rank on SERP. So today we at RiseGenie have decided to discuss about some Top Free SEO audit tools in 2022 – Everything you need to know at a glance.
Table of Contents
Which are some most famous tools for SEO audit?
Well there are some world famous SEO audit tools used by SEOs globally but honestly most of them are paid or comes with a limited access. Some of the most famous tools are:
All these are top-tier paid tools but there are some great alternatives available which are completely free and as useful as paid SEO audit tools. Some of them are significant technical SEO audit tools as well.
Here are some free yet best tools for SEO audit
- Google Search Console
- PageSpeed Insights
Lets discuss about these top 6 best SEO audit tools which comes for free!
Google Search Console is the new for of Google Web Master Tools. This tool by google gives you exact and authentic report about your performance, impressions and clicks metrics. Access your website errors, indexing and crawl abilities at your website and more. It is one of a fantastic SEO audit tools by google that lets you fix issues directly from the console itself. Google Search Console gives you a detailed report on your website structured data, HTML, Accelerated Mobile Pages, broken links, content quality, mobile friendliness and most importantly the page-experience which has become a big ranking factor now.
Here are some of the best features that comes with Google Search Console:
- It also helps you monitor, test, and tracks the AMP pages.
- Provides crawl results directly from the GoogleBot (desktop and mobile).
- Highlights the failed attempts during page indexing, and pages with temporary or permanent errors.
- GSC offers a content keywords tool to analyse keyword performance.
- Reveals all the pages that have been crawled and indexed by GoogleBot.
- It gives you custom site audit reports.
- Sends on-page and email alerts whenever Google identifies issues on your site.
- It gives detailed information on queries that bring traffic to your site.
- It covers user experience issues – a recent important factor.
- Detects mobile-friendly issues that affect SERP results.
GTMetrics give you a complete report on your technical SEO. That includes the page loading speed, page performance, loading speed, image, JS, CSS optimisation report and more. It is a free to use tool and comes with 8 data centers to select from. The paid version comes with report followups and many other tools for agencies. But in my opinion if you are trying out this tool to optimise and observe your website technical performance, the free tool will be enough and efficient for you. GTmetrix covers about 25 different SEO parameters and uses the lighthouse technology to determine the page performance. GTMetrix is one of the most known SEO audit tools that comes for free.
Here are some of the best features that comes with GTMetrix:
- GTMetrix Shows your page load in a real-time view.
- It helps to Generate page performance on over 8 different data centers across the globe.
- Displays website performance metrics via graphical outputs – Web Vitals, Page Timings, Page Size & Request Counts, and Performance/Structure scores.
- GTMetrix Concentrates on user experience metrics.
- It indicates performance milestones like Largest Contentful Paint, Total Blocking Time, and Cumulative Layout Shift.
- Uses Google Lighthouse to assess web pages.
- Gives waterfall report to understand loading factors and insights
SERP Snippet Optimization Tool, previously named SERPsim, is a SERP simulator that helps to generate snippets of your rankings on Google. This means it stimulates the view of how your web pages appear on Google’s search results; based on that you can use the insights to optimize your page titles and metadata.
You can also check your page headers based on Google’s current pixel length limit. SERP Snippet Optimization Tool aka SERPsim allows you to save and share copies of your page snippets.
Here are some of the best features that comes with SERPism:
- Allows users to save their SERP preview as an image.
- This tool helps to copy Google snippet tool data to the clipboard unlike other SEO audit tools.
- SERPism enables users to share native projects with team members and clients.
- It allows you to download the page titles and meta descriptions.
- This tool helps to stimulate page titles and meta descriptions from an existing page URL.
SEOptimer is one of the most known SEO audit tools that comes for free but with limited access. Although the audit insight it give is highly impactful. It covers all areas of SEO audits that includes off-page SEO score, on-page SEO score, technical SEO score, backlink analysis (paid), social media insights and more. You can audit a website for free but only upto 3 times a day.
Here are some of the best features that comes with SEOptimer:
- All in one audit report that covers on-page, off-page and technical SEO
- Easily downloadable PDF format reports
- Usability score checks similar to other SEO audit tools
- Page speed insights
- Social Media activity count
Powered by Lighthouse, PageSpeed Insights is another fantastic SEO tool introduced by Google. Primarily focused on running tests on your URLs. Being one of the best SEO tools, the page speed insights tool assigns scores based on their desktop and mobile devices’ performance.
PageSpeeed Insights analyzes the page loading speed and checks the overall user experience. It identifies all the issues and places them into three segments – Passed Audits, Diagnostics, and Opportunities.
The Passed Audits show the parameters that have performed relatively well. The Opportunities define the issues you might want to work on to improve your page’s overall performance. Last but not least, the Diagnostics provides insights into your page’s adherence to web development best practices.
Here are some of the best features that comes with PageSpeed Insights:
- PageSpeed Insights is another tool by Google, powered by Lighthouse.
- It reviews the page’s performance on multiple metrics, including First Contentful Paint, Total Blocking Time, Largest Contentful Paint, Time to Interactive, Speed Index, and Cumulative Layout Shift.
- The results page suggests how to make your pages load faster. Very rare in other SEO audit tools.
- This tool provides reports on the performance of a page on both mobile and desktop devices.
RiseGenie SEO is another excellent and one of the newest SEO audit tools introduced by RiseGenie Marketing Solutions that aims to build a SEO community that can use SEO tools with lifetime free access. RiseGenie offers a wide range of digital marketing tools and RiseGenieSEO was their first free tool for all users. This tool is very much like SEOptimer that gives all in one SEO audit reports (on-page, off-page, technical SEO and social media presence). It also give you the suggestions to improve the results based on your SEO audit report unlike other SEO audit tools.
Here are some of the best features that comes with PageSpeed Insights:
- Lifetime free access with no hidden charges like other SEO audit tools
- Get the maximum benefits of SEO auditing and download report in PDF format.
- Perform Unlimited Audits – one and only free SEO audit tools
- Suitable for freelancers, individuals, SEO professionals and agencies.
- Compare your website with your competitor.
- Schedule your social media posts on the go and more.
Final words on the topic – Top Free SEO audit tools in 2022 – Everything you need to know:
We have mentioned some of the most known SEO audit tools from the paid one to the free ones. As you have seen all of them comes with some awesome features that the others don’t have and that USP made the to get a final cut here. All these platforms are good at their offerings and now you have to make your choice. We have listed all the benefits here and also their limitations. On a personal note we will urge you to have a look at RiseGenieSEO once and share your feedback on our own SEO tool so that we can provide you the best service that can be offered.
Thanks for reading. If you have anything in mind regarding this topic, or if you want to share your idea or if you believe that we have missed something, please let us know in the comments section below, we will try our best to answer and cover all of them.